Uber Chic Beauty Mat
By A.J. on October 17, 2015 in Advice , Reviews
Uber Chic Beauty Mat review has been due for ages but I just haven’t had time to write it up until tonight.
OK, first things first. I got it from She Sells Seashells for £12.50 posted. It arrived within days and was packed well. The package even included a little sweet treat for me. Nice!
Uber Chic Beauty Mat review
Over the almost a month I have been using it I have found some positive and some negative aspects about the Uber Chic Beauty Mat.
- Looks neat.
- Protects table from polish stains/spills.
- Large in size (about A3ish).
- Nice little finger images with different nail shapes to swatch polish/do nail art.
- Easy to peel stamping decals off when dry.
- Not able to stamp directly on the mat. Have to apply a layer of clear polish first, wait for it to dry and then stamp over it. This is a huge minus for me!!
- Not easy to clean with nail polish remover, have to use acetone/wait for polish to be dry to peel it off.
- Only five fingers with one shape pictured. Kinda sucks when you want to do 10 decals on oval nails for example. There would be enough room on the mat for 10 of each finger, not sure why it was decided to do just 5.
- Some polishes can stain the mat. Thankfully it rubbed off after a while. Oddly, the polish stained the mat but didn’t stain my nails. So can’t trust it to see if a polish is a nail stainer.
- Dust gets stuck on it. Hair gets stuck on it. So annoying. Instead of having it on the table all the time I now only use it when I need it. A bit disappointing but this is how rubber is, I don’t know if it’s fair to complain about that.
Overall I would say the mat didn’t live up to the hype for me but I am not regretting buying it either. It’s a nice thing to have but one could easily live without it.
Would love to hear your thoughts on the Uber Chic Beauty Mat.
Thanks for reading!