Hello! I have been asked to show how to use striping tape and I decided to do a quick tutorial while I was playing around with my new macro lens :P
First off I started with two coats of Essie Lights and one coat of Sinful Colors Pink Glitter. I then added one coat of Poshe Quick Drying Base Coat to smooth the glitter.
Mmm… isn’t Sinful Colors Pink Glitter just gorgeous!!!! I got it from Boots in Metrocentre and it costed only £1.99. After the nails were dry I was ready for some stripes!
1. Apply the tape on your nail. It’s useful to remember the order you applied the tape as you have to remove it starting from the top one, removing in the wrong order increases the chances of smudging the lines.
2. Apply the top polish on a make up sponge.
3. Dab it all over the nail. Pro tip- if you use smaller sponge you will have less clean up to do ;)
4. Dab until opaque and wait a minute or two. By dabbing the polish your layer is thinner and therefore dries quicker. In addition, there will be no chance of the lines filling with polish while pulling them away (something that constantly happened to me when removing it while the polish was still wet).
5. Pull off the striping tape.
6. Clean up around the skin and add one or two layers of top coat to smooth out the sponge pattern.
That’s it- pretty easy and straightforward I think :) Let me know if this was helpful or if you have any questions.